Buffalo was insanely pleasant. Every single person was nice. Every single one. It was kind of crazy. The baristas gave us excellent recommendations on where to go for breakfast and where to busk without getting arrested. Tony, the sound engineer at the venue (Mohawk Place) was great to work with- and was really into getting our sound balanced in the space. At one point, Rachelle and I ended up at a fancy hotel and the men at the desk ended up being in bands around the area and let us use the GORGEOUS hotel bathrooms, which was a game changer. I really have a thing for fancy bathrooms. Something about using a toilet surrounded by neo classical art and flowers just brightens my day.
1. Busking with Daisy for a bunch of folks out and about to celebrate the largest toy duck in the world at making an appearance at the waterfront.
2. Passing beautiful vineyards and lush countryside on the back roads that took us to Buffalo.
3. An impromptu afternoon at the beach.
4. Playing a show with the band Big Eyes. They are a powerhouse of an indie punk rock band from NYC and were really entertaining to watch. One of the members was sporting a Vacation shirt. Cincinnati represent!
5. We didn't sleep in a Walmart parking lot! This was a huge improvement from the day before. Simon from Mojo Stone let us camp in his yard and his Dad made us coffee in the morning.
Alright! Time to book it to Niagra falls for waterfall times and then we'll be off to Syracuse.